Sunday, March 13, 2011

YOGA !

I have been getting back into Yoga. And by this I mean that I have done yoga four times in my own home watching YouTube videos to guide me along! I can't stand anything that feels "work-outty". I am just not one of driven active people who love to feel the burn for the results. So, I "work-out" by laying on the floor stretching, breathing, meditating, and the occasionally standing pose that requires balance and core strength! Ok, I am playing it down. It isn't always that easy.

I have found a series of YouTubes that I really like. The lady's name is Esther Ekhart. Pretty sure she is Swedish? Anyways, she has yoga examples for stress relief, back pain, runners, weight loss, flexibility, abs, etc.

Here is a link to find her stuff.



She also has a cat named "Spookie" who finds his way on camera at times :)



Benefits of yoga for you :


  • The physical benefits: Creates a toned, flexible, and strong body. Improves respiration, energy, and vitality. Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism. Promotes cardio and circulatory health. Relieves pain. Helps you look and feel younger than your age. Improves your athletic performance.

  • The mental benefits: Helps you relax and handle stressful situations more easily. Teaches you how to quiet the mind so you can focus your energy where you want it to go - into a difficult yoga pose, on the tennis court or golf course, or in the office. Encourages positive thoughts and self-acceptance.

  • The spiritual benefits: Builds awareness of your body, your feelings, the world around you, the needs of others. Promotes an interdependence between mind, body, and spirit.

3 comments:

  1. Jenna!!!!!!! It is great to read a post from you!!!!!!!! Also I have always wanted to try yoga!!!!!!! I have never done it. I should try soon!!!!!! Anyways I heard that yoga in some ways (like stress relief) is better than working out. But I dont know if that is true, I just heard it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love yoga too! It definitely makes the world a better place ... it definitely relieves tension from my body and life!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe she's danish. you seemed to be thinking about that... :)

    ReplyDelete