Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The God bandana

As some of you know, Josh and the band are playing a show overseas for the troops before Thanksgiving to boost moral. The timing of the trip and the location of the base had Josh pretty unsettled. The enemy kept telling him lies about his safety. Josh recruited prayer warriors and he has been covered in those prayers since his departure! We all prayed against that fear. We also prayed that God would not only use him on this trip, but that God would bless him for going. It is an unbelievable opportunity to give back to these soldiers who give up everything for our freedoms. We felt that it was Satan who wanted to put up blockers to keep the glory of the Lord's plans to shine over this situation. Well, this morning I received a call from Josh telling me to check my email for an incredible story. Here is his email and the photo attachment ...

"So a soldier came up to me personally and asked "are you Josh?" and I said "yes" of course and he gave me his handkerchief. Read it. It's definitely all God. It's unbelievable talk about reassurance . God is real He is active and He answers prayers. He has given me peace about all of this. I am loving it over here. What a blessing to play for these men and woman and to shed the Lords holy light upon them. We go on in about 2 hours pray that God shines through all of us. We just sound checked and the soldiers are already here and so pumped. Praise Jesus for this! It's obvious that His hand is on ME!! I love you guys.I'll see you tomorrow! 

It's just crazy that this guy chose me out of every band member! That's so awesome!!!! Gosh."




Pslam 30 :10-12 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me; Lord, be my helper! You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow that is awesome! Happy Thanksgiving Janine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - God is good! Praying he and the rest of the band get home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is amazing :) I always knew Josh was very religious, but I didn't know he spoke so sweetly about God in ordinary words.. If you know what I mean.. :) and btw, you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing story! Josh's openness about his faith has allowed God to shine through him in so many ways. Reassure him of that! I am also a Christian and I am so inspired by both of you to live out my faith with such passion. I am thankful to have such godly, beautiful people to look up to and to have as my brother and sister in Christ :) I pray that God will bless your life together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome testimony of faith... I'm so encouraged by your story, truly believe God has his hand over your lives to continue to share your faith with others. I look forward to reading more of your blog Jenna.
    Bless ya,
    Maz T. Auckland, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete