Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving





This year's Thanksgiving was the best one I can remember! With Josh returning home safely the day before, thankfulness was heavy in the air! My parents hosted the gathering this year. We had quite a crowd, but not nearly enough to eat all the food. Living in the south, we had about 6 different casseroles. Sometimes you can't even identify what lies beneath the crispy layers of cheese, butter, and breadcrumbs. You just have to go for it! My dad cooked his first turkey ever. Until this year, the turkey baking responsibility was on someone else. This year marked our first married Thanksgiving. It was special having joint families celebrating together. I loved having some of the Farro family pigging out with us! The day consisted mostly of eating, thrown in with some motorcycle riding, fellowship, more eating, Jimmy Rice story telling time, and some card games to conclude the evening. It was perfect. I have an endless amount of things to be thankful for this year. I think it's so important we stop asking our God for things, and just reflect to thank Him for the good He has done in our lives.  There doesn't need to be a turkey to be grateful. I am posting some pictures. I think there will be more to come!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your sweater, it's adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving girl :) sorry i'm a bit late. I wish you the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! How did you put the collages together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you playing the card game baseball?!!

    ReplyDelete